The council is gradually increasing its response to the Coronavirus situation while monitoring and following the latest government and medical advice. We thought it might be helpful to share what we are doing:
- We’re in regular contact with partner organisations and monitoring and following the latest government and medical advice.
- We are reviewing our business resilience plans on a daily basis so that we can continue to deliver our front-line public services to residents.
- As of Monday all our staff that can work from home without affecting front line services are currently doing so. This is as a precaution and part of our plans to test our business continuity arrangements for a situation where all staff are asked to stay at home.
- We have created a dedicated section on our public website to provide the latest information on our current response to the situation, but also to announce any changes to service delivery.
- We have cancelled or postponed any public event or activity that was predominantly aimed at people in high risk groups, until further notice.
From yesterday we have closed our arts and community centres to the public and are thinking through what measures we might need to put in place to make them available for other uses, if necessary.
We are already receiving messages from community and voluntary organisations sharing urgent updates on the latest support available. Thank you and please continue to share your news with us.
So far, we’re aware that,
AgeUK Oxfordshire , has launched a new, free of charge telephone support service offering advice and assistance to older people concerned during this time. For more information visit www.ageuk.org.uk/oxfordshire/
South Oxfordshire Food and Education Academy (SOFEA) is expanding its Community Larder network to provide free groceries to as many people as possible. This means delivering hundreds of tonnes of packets and tins, as well as fresh fruit and vegetables to those who find themselves in need.
They have set up a JustGiving page and would welcome donations. You can access this page through the link: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sofeacommunitylarder
As ever, the government’s website has the latest updates on the virus and the situation: